Thursday 31 December 2009



A few weeks ago I may have mentioned a near death brush with man flu. Well, over Christmas both Mrs. kipper and self have been down with the Common Cold - its much worse!
Apart from the holiday break its been a fortuitous time to get this particular ailment. Its been snowing, blowing a gale and generally unpleasant outside for nearly 2 weeks and now the snow has all melted my running routes are totally waterlogged so I guess I've not missed anything. I went out today for the first time in 3 1/2 weeks for a little ride around the Dengie peninsula road. I'm always stunned how only a week or two away from the bike can make you feel like a slug, but after 3 1/2 weeks I'm surprised I got round all 50 miles on one energy bar and a gel, even through a couple of squally little showers although I feel all stiff now. A weee dram anyone?

No comments: